This is the same fence I posted on a few posts ago about fence posts and the lack of posting (Sorry, I can’t resist.)
This one actually comes off the heels of the previous posted photograph. I’ve gathered a heap of photos on similar subjects like the above, so I decided start working on developing some uniform post-processes in an attempt to tie them together a little tighter. So I’ve turned to Lightroom for preset building, which I think, given the time is a worthwhile endeavor. For building uniformity, I like what Lightroom offers albeit one is paying close attention to what they assign as a preset.
The above preset idea came from my recent obsession with dustbowl era delta blues. I pulled numerous vintage photographs from internet archives and used color pickers to map common tones used in the photos. I excluded the black and whites and focused on the warmer monochromes even if the toning was really due to aging instead of the initial process. I used the above photo as test subject because the posts seemed to contain many of the tones I wanted to apply globally. So once done, I saved the preset making sure only to include the settings that were both tweaked and important. Including everything won’t give you preset that is flexible.
This one I call “Delta Dust” and if any of the Lightroom users out there is interested, just let me know and I can email it over. For this I was going for something in between a flat vintage and smoother modern process. I also have a rough, grainy, high-contrast alternate to the same preset.